Reception Closure Resources
During the time that the school is closed we will be using this page to offer ideas for home learning and other ways of keeping in touch with school staff.
Hello Riverside and Woodland
The grown ups at Hotspur are missing you all so much. Each week the teachers will upload videos and ideas for you to try out on Tapestry. We would love to see some photos and videos of you learning at home. Upload them onto Tapestry and we look forward to seeing them.
- Practise writing names. If your child can write their first name, get them to have a go at writing their surname.
- Practise phase 2 and 3 tricky words. Recognition then once your child can recognise them, write them. They can be found at the front of their reading records.
- Practise letter formation (see the picture below).
- Read your reading books or any other books you have
- Practise writing numbers 0-20.
- Practise number formations.
- Counting everyday objects (footsteps, stairs, toys as you tidy, sweets etc).
- Phonics play https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ChildrensMenu.htm
We really love playing Buried Treasure
Linking to our Topic
A great way to explore Maths games (make sure you’re in EYFS)
A fun way to learn your numbers
A great way to practise blending
- Cosmic Kids Yoga https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga Yoga through storytelling
Here is a weekly music class ran by local musician Claire Tustin, we think Reception will enjoy. Thursday afternoon 2 pm - music class for 4 - 7 year olds via Zoom. Email: email@example.com for the link. To find our more about Claire and her music visit her Facebook page lullaboogaloo. Make sure to post any photos or videos of yourselves getting musical.
Here is a little challenge from Mrs Findlay, Cookie and Dougie. Don't forget to send us your amazing photos and videos on tapestry.
Here is one of our Hotspur Core Canon books 'The Very Busy Spider'. We hope you enjoy listening to the story. You can tell your grown ups all about what happens. I wonder what your favourite story is? You can let us know on Tapestry.
Teach your grown-ups some songs we sing in Reception.