Family Support Advisor
Hotspur Primary School Family Support Advisor
Grade: N5 £20,541 - £23,111 pro rata
Contract: Permanent Hours: 15 hours (across 4 mornings per week) Full Year
Hotspur is a vibrant primary school in Heaton that serves a richly diverse community. We are looking to appoint a hard working and committed individual to join our highly motivated team as a Family Support Advisor. This post will be required 4 mornings per week (days to be agreed with successful candidate).
The main requirements of the post are:
- working with parent/carers to support their engagement in their child’s learning and development;
- facilitating access to a programme of activities to engage families; identifying with parent/carers reasons for their children’s non-attendance, and work with them to achieve regular attendance;
- working in partnership with the Community Family Hub East Team to provide integrated support; and supporting the Early Help agenda.
The successful candidate should be:
- passionate about making a transformation difference
tothe lives of children;
organised, able to manage their own time and possess excellent time keeping skills;
- knowledgeable about the services available to families in Newcastle;
- experienced at working in a collaborative, multi-agency way.
Tours of the school:
Interview day: Thursday 2nd August 2018
We are strongly are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check. As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
|Family Support Advisor - Job Description July 2018.pdf||Download|
|Family Support Advisor - Letter to Prospective Candidates July 2018.pdf||Download|
|Family Support Advisor - Person Specification July 2018.pdf||Download|
|Hotspur Application Form.docx||Download|
|Hotspur Safe Recruitment Form.doc||Download|